In Applied Science you'll have the opportunity to explore critical issues related to ecosystem functioning. The Ecology electives will enable you to:
- Explore issues related to weather and climate.
- Examine the different ways that toxins move through the environment.
- Observe the interactions between elements of various ecosystems.
- Learn about the importance of water in environmental systems and everyday life.
- See the effects of the invasion of exotic species.
Ecology ElectivesCourses marked with an * are offered online. Select three courses from this list.
- Natural Resource and Environmental Law*
- Soil Resources
- Soils, Environment and Water Quality *
- Invasive Plants
- Agroecosystems Analysis
- Great Plains Ecosystem
- Ecological Interactions
- Ecosystem Ecology
- Toxins in the Environment
- Aquatic Insects *
- Insect Ecology *
- Environmental Geology
- Weather and Climate
- Invasive Plant Species: Impacts on Ecosystems*
- Applied Climate Sciences
- Introduction to Conservation Biology
- Principles of Ecology
- Introduction to Water Science
- Climate and Society
- Biological Invaders
Coordinator of CASNR Distance Education Office