About Applied Science Degree CompletionIn the Applied Science major you'll select from a broad range of courses across the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources in addition to the credits you've already earned to tailor a degree to your career goals. On the curriculum page, only the courses with an asterisk (*) are offered online.
Here are the degree details:
Online Admission Information
To be admitted to the online degree completion option of the Applied Science degree, we recommend you have the following foundational math and science courses on your transcript:
Course equivalents have been identified between UNL and most Nebraska post-secondary institutions, and between UNL and some international institutions. Here's a list of Accepted Transfer Credits.
There are two steps to the pre-admission evaluation: 1) Fill out this form. The information you send is for our use only, and will not be forwarded or sold in any way.
2) Send a copy of your college transcript(s) to our degree coordinator at:
Online Degree Program Coordinator
103 Agriculture Hall
College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583-0702
When we have received both, your transcripts will be evaluated, and we will contact you to discuss your options for the online degree completion program.
If you have questions, contact Dr. Steve Danielson, Applied Science Program Director.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply?
- How do I know if my credits will transfer into UNL and if I have met all of the prerequisites?
- How much is tuition?
- What sort of teacher/student interaction is there in these courses?
- Are there online lectures in the courses or is it mainly reading course content and referring to textbooks?
- Can an internship count as course credit?
- Are the tests proctored? And if so, who can serve as a proctor and who approves the proctor?
- Where can I take the prerequisites to get into this program?
- Who will be my advisor once I get accepted into the program?
- Are there labs involved in the courses? And if so, where do I buy the lab materials?
- Where do I buy the textbooks/handbooks for the courses?
- Do I get to attend a UNL graduation?
- By enrolling into this program, am I applicable for discounts that on campus receive (like purchasing software at a UNL computer store)?
- When do students know that they are able to enroll in their courses each semester?
- Is there a list of courses which I would be taking in this program that I can view?
- What wording will appear on my diploma?