In Applied Science, you'll explore the science of food, including development and production techniques. The Genetics, Biotechnology, and Processing electives provide you with the opportunity to:
- Explore the microbiological systems involved in food safety.
- Improve your knowledge of plant and animal breeding practices.
Genetics, Biotechnology, and Processing ElectivesCourses marked with an * are offered online. Select two courses from this list.
- Plant Breeding Principles and Practice
- Crop Genetic Engineering *
- Crop and Weed Genetics *
- Animal Products
- Animal Breeding
- Insect Control by Host-Plant Resistance *
- Introductory Food Science
- Food Microbiology *
- Microbiology of Fermented Foods *
- Plant Biotechnology
- Agricultural Products Processing and Handling
|Dan Cotton||Diane Wasser|
|Coordinator of CASNR Distance Education Office||Student Serivces Specialist|