The Applied Science curriculum consists of 120 credit hours -College required courses - 50 credit hours
Core courses - 50-52 credit hours (includes degree requirements and category electives)Free Electives - 18-20 credit hours - may be used to choose courses not required in the major, choose courses to incorporate a minor into the major, or use transfer credits.
Degree Requirements - 22 credit hours:
- ENTO/BIOS 115* Insect Science
- AGRI 115* Biotechnology: Food, Health, and Environment
- FDST/CHEM/NUTR 131* The Science of Food
- NRES 108* Earth's Natural Resource Systems Laboratory
- NRES 422* Laboratory Earth: Earth's Changing Systems
- AGRI 282*Introduction to Global Agricultural and Natural Resource Issues OR AECN 265 Resource and Environmental Economics I
- Career Experience (optional) - 1-3 credit hours: AGRI 395 Applied Science Internship
Category Electives - 30 credit hours
- Food, Animal, and Plant Science Electives - select three courses
- Genetics, Biotechnology, and Processing Electives - select two courses
- Ecology Electives - select three courses
- Entrepreneurship, Economics, and Policy Electives - select two courses
Courses marked with an * may be taken online.